This morning I was awoken by the sounds of grind stones and construction outside my window. There has been some renovation work going on on the exterior of our building and the work crew seems to enjoy getting in nice and early. Immediately upon opening my eyes I discovered that our kitten, Nelix, had figured out how to get on top of the dresser where we keep all of Mal's jewelry and was repeatedly grabbing bracelets and knocking them off. After closing my eyes and fighting with myself to get up to stop him, I picked him up and placed him on the bed, gave him a stern talking to and laid back down to get a few more minutes of sleep. I was awoken again, only a five minutes later, this time by a ravenous kitten who had mistaken my arm for a chew toy. This has become somewhat of a running theme on most mornings.Whether Nelix is using me as a chew toy or Fiske (our other cat) is using my legs/feet as target practice, the day doesn't begin without me drawing some blood. These two cats are the first pets I have ever had and I have come to expect that so long as there are furry little beasts running around, quiet, peaceful, injury free mornings will be few and far between...
At least they seem to sleep peacefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment