Friday, August 3, 2012

What we don't do for love

We live in a constant state of chaos...mostly thanks to the four-legged animals that we share our life with. I take full responsibility. To call me an animal lover would be an understatement because I love all living things. My poor family has dealt with this for years, including but not limited to saving bugs, triggering mouse traps, and bringing home animals I found on the street (don't worry, I always found their owners).

Now, it is Ben's turn.

Don't get me wrong, Ben loves all living things as well, but he doesn't feel the need to bring them all home. When we began talking about getting married, pets were a topic we spent a lot of time on. As an equestrian, a horse at all times is a must. And then every family needs at least one dog, which needs a friend, and one cat, which may or may not need a friend. And of course, there are the dogs and cats that show up at your door or find you on the street.

Ben agreed to two animals (not counting horses), and I agreed that two was a good start.

With the addition of Nelix this past April, Ben has been a great sport. Nelix has a little bit more energy than I expected and our other cat, Fiske, is the target of his attacks. This leads to cats flying through the apartment accompanied by curse words flowing freely from Fiske at any time of the day or night.

And on top of it all, Ben is allergic to animals. What we don't do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment